Friday, October 28, 2011

Not Just Any Fire...


The six Nixon children I am sure will remember the entertainment stand that was in the television room in Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was broken in some places and was pretty out of date with the shape televisions come today with their long flat screens. It was also taking up a lot of room in what was a pretty small room at best. I thought I could move it out of the house in one piece but when I tried to just move it from the wall I could see it was a heavy piece of furniture and if I could have moved it out of the house, I would have had to take the back door off its hinges and moved the dryer. So, with a crowbar and a hammer I broke it down to much smaller pieces. The parts that had the knobs and slides and rollers I just threw in a little fire in the patio and let them burn while KK was having their Halloween Party. The remainder of the stand will keep us warm this winter as I cut it up into some manageable pieces of wood. Now Vivianne and Griffin will have a nicer place to sleep if I can just convince the ladies in the preschool to keep the TV room a little cleaner. I know I will take some "heat"(no pun intended) for that statement.

1 comment:

Chapman Herd said...

I appreciate all you are doing to make a nice, little, quiet room for the twinners to sleep during the day!