
I looked out my patio door and what did I see? Two wild turkeys between Bringhurst and me! It is too bad they did not show up a couple of weeks closer to Thanksgiving. But then I would have had to kill them and pluck them. It is better to buy them in a store! On my first mission to Chile we bought a live turkey for Thanksgiving. Since we had maid service back in those days we just took it home to the maid and told her we wanted turkey for dinner. The most vivid part of the story is the fact we had to carry the turkey home. The guy in the stall simply tied him up by the feet and we walked home all the way with a wild turkey pooping, trying to fly away, and making turkey sounds. Now if you have read this far you need to know that the neighbor to the north of Bringhurst's house has the birds and this is not the first time they have escaped.
No comments:
Post a Comment