


Our house was constructed without any insulation in the wall cavities so sometimes you can feel the cold seep into the house via osmosis. I insulated the "girl's room when it was a "playroom"which was many years ago so that room is the only one that has insulation on an outside wall. Well, now the sewing room has insulation between all the studs. It was a project that took me two or three hours to measure, cut, and make another trip to the store because I did not trust my instincts and buy two rolls at first. The bottom like is that we now have insulation in the sewing room. The entire cost was less than $25.00. With the left over pieces I shoved them above the ceiling into some areas where the heat in the sewing room would escape. Not only will the room be much warmer, but it is also tons quieter.
1 comment:
Lucky Annice, I wish I could figure out a way to make our basement warmer. We're contemplating running a gas line into the family room so we can install a gas fireplace. Sounds like a little more work (and cost) than your project.
Post a Comment