Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A 15 minute project that took me

just 15 minutes! I was in total shock and awe of my electrical capabilities as I purchased two new hall lights to take the place of the light fixtures that have been in our house since 1966. They still worked but were just...old. They were older than I who also has been in this house since 1970 and who is also old! So, I decided to replace them since the new lights were only 5 dollars each at Lowe's. I brought them home and went to work. It was as simple as taking down the old fixtures and connecting the two new wires of the fixtures to the wires in the ceiling and that was it. I was totally in shock at how easy it was and how everything all fit together so well. Usually my fifteen minute projects take much more time. Mike Allred would be envious of my electrical capabilities on this project

2 comments:

AF Nixons said...

1966?? Those are antiques! Probably a treasure for someone too. You should list them on ksl or ebay and see if you get any bites. Brady replaced two of our old brass ceiling fans for something a little more updated and I listed the old ones on ksl thinking I would probably just send them to the DI but I was surprised how many calls I got on them. Sold one, one to go.

nixon5 said...

Wow I am impressed. looks good.