Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday project

Earlier this Spring dad was so excited to use his Mantis that he plowed all the garden and even some of the flowers again, he didn't know they were flowers so they became weeds... anyway today we decided to do it together. We made a early trip to Stokers and got some flowers and some tomato, cucumber, pepper plants, and some flowers for out front.
So out came the Mantis again.... and dad went to work.... it's been several years since he's tilled the front and the dirt was really hard, but with a little persistence he got the dirt really nice to work with. Oh yes I forgot we bought some "Premium Manure" not like Liseanne's but it should work just as well. Then that was tilled into the ground as well.
Then came the planting. I have NO idea what the name of the flowers are or if they are annuals or perennials. I guess we'll see......

time to re-water them all.


The finished flower project.




Then it was onto the veges. 3 tomatoes, 4 yellow peppers 4 green peppers, and 2 lemon cucumbers.
The green up against the house is "Morning glory" so I wouldn't let dad till that part and he went and got "round up" to hopefully kill it.



the next part was to plant the ponies that Melinda gave me for Mother's Day





and water the plants she gave us a couple years ago. looks like hard work.







And last but not least water dad!!!!!!






5 comments:

nixon5 said...

Your yard looks really nice!!

Chapman Herd said...

Nice yard work! We should take a picture of your house now that it has beautiful flowers out front and new windows!

Joanna said...

wow you did just what we did. I will have to post our garden. We are going to have enough tomatoes to feed the whole ward!!!

Dad- My tiller is bigger than your tiller ;)

I also like your new blog header. Pretty Cool

AF Nixons said...

Brady would love a little tiller like that...must be in that Nixon blood!

allredclan said...

I'm so glad that you got everything planted! I know both of you were anxious to get that done. It looks great, and don't let Dad till up those Peonies!

p.s. Love the picture of your house on your blog. Hooray for Liseanne. ;)

p.p.s I have a tiller too all because I was afraid of borrowing Dad's breaking it or something. ;)