Sunday, May 18, 2008

another project

Getting ready for K.K. graduation is not a small undertaking, it seem that there is always costumes that need repair, washing, changing, and making new. An so the task begins. 12 shirts that needed top button removed and Velcro added to make it easier and faster for the teachers to make the costume change. Then add new elastic to Mr. snowman, 2 night gowns, change the Velcro on the bunny costume, and uncle Sam's vest, mend seams on the bunny costume, the ghost costume, make a new lamb hat, and hood. repair the butterfly wings, the Arabian hat, get a new Japanese prop to replace the one that a grand child destroyed. fix 2 Easter baskets and put together another one. Fix the Indian head band, the Snow man's head, get a new rope to pull the bus across the stage. Are you tired yet ??? add all the practices, buying the little gifts (coloring books) for all the 150 kids, and all the other things that have to get done at the end of school, and you soon know why we are always glad when it's all over. Plus..
we have always borrowed a costume for the Japanese boy from one of our teachers but She no longer works for us, so this year I had to make the boys costume. While looking for the material we found some material that would work but I just wasn't sold on it so Liseanne said lets keep looking so we went to Joann's and there She found this material which was perfect. Thanks Liseanne

I think it turned out rather cute.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

how much do you charge again??? It makes me tired just reading it!

Chapman Herd said...

Wow! That made me tired all over again! And what devilish Grandchild destroyed your old Japanese Prop??? Probably the same one that flooded my garden and cracked Jeff's Window with rock! Great post mom!

nixon5 said...

The costume Looked great,
and glad its done!!!

allredclan said...

Your "to do" list made me need a nap! =) The costume looks great, though. Good call on the fabric!

AF Nixons said...

Whew! You're going to need a long vacation after graduation...Florida is calling! :)

Karalee said...

Hi Annice! I linked to your blog from Liseanne's. I saw your posts about KK Graduation and just wanted to tell you THANKS (25 years later!) for all the hard work you and the teachers put in! I can still remember my graduation and it was so much fun! I find myself singing the songs we learned to my girls and appreciate the time and effort made to give all of us great preschool memories!