Well it was another successful registration day at K.K. this is the scene that awaited us as we walked into the yard. Pretty much the same every year. but is is exciting just the same. Melinda came and helped us hand out tickets so she was able to experience first had all the hoop-laa.
Liseanne, handed out the 3 year old tickets and when she got them all handed out there still was a large line left...so like a smart lady that she is she quickly went and got a waiting list for all the rest of the parents to sign. (there were more dads standing in that line than moms) any way by the time everyone signed up on the waiting list there was more than enough to have a whole another class of 3 year olds.
So what to do.....the 4 year old, 2 day morning classes are the last to fill up and last year they didn't fill completely and were very small classes. So Like a good teacher that Melinda is she started calling all the parents that had requested her as a teacher and asked them if they would be interested in a morning class. Well to make a long story short. She gave up her 4 year old class to teach 2, 3year old classes. ( a Big thing for her because she loved her 4year old class last year.) So now we only have about 18 openings left open for next year. Which is great for this time of year.
Thanks to all the moms and dads that sat in line half the night to get their children into K.K., and thanks Melinda for your sacrifice and all the work you did to create another 3 yr. class thanks to Liseanne for her quick thinking and all she does to help me, and thanks to all the teachers that made this day go so smoothly.
5 comments:
What Annice forgot to mention was the $100.00 bribe that was offered by a mother who did not want to stand in line that early Monday morning so waved a $100.00 bill in front of her face Sunday night. Did she accept it??
Again let me just say that I am so grateful I am related to you people. You know you run a good school when people start lining up in the middle of the night just to get in. Mirabel told everyone that she met her teacher Mrs. Melinda.
I am curious about the $100.00 too.
People are crazy! You must have a good school. I am guessing mom said no to the money.
Melinda is lucky to have that darling Mirabel!!
People! Of course mom said no to the $100!!! I'm glad I got to experience the mayhem at that dark hour of the morning. Hope I didn't create more by creating another 3 year old class. I'll make it work.
Post a Comment