Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Get-to-gether

Yesterday was a busy day for us in the morning we went down to Sheldon and Wendy's new house and helped clean and fix a few things so they can move into it this week. It is a nice home and will give them room to grow into.
It was also Chester's birthday and Memorial day so we did what every other family did we celebrated. As far as the Bar-B- Q I didn't take any pictures because I was so hungry that I just ate the yummy hamburgers,salads, baked beans, chips, and drink.

Liseanne made rice crispy treats for Chester's "cake" yummy!!!

Chester's favorite part of the day was the opening of his gifts.

Can I eat these all by my self?

We did a lot of fun things to day....

WOW! what a woman..... this is Melinda after running 13.5 miles today. Way to go Melinda!

this was the most popular event......TEXTING. mother like daughter...

and dad

all that texting wore her out she needed a rest.

I want to try texting..... or was it I want some of Chester's candy.......
or maybe it was just pick me up.

It was fun just watching everyone having a great time.

the visiting with each other is the best part for me.

the eating is good too.......

Everyone loved the rice crispy treats

Even Grady.....if you look close he's wearing some of the rice crispy treats

Yummy! Poor Madison couldn't find a chair so the floor had to do.

But the real reason for Memorial day .......visit those you love who have past to the other side.
I love to read the notes that Melinda always leaves.


It's peaceful and beautiful with all the flowers

I miss you both.

4 comments:

AF Nixons said...

What fun pictures. I miss family get-togethers on holidays. But...we took advantage of a beautiful Florida day and went to the beach with two other families for about 5+ hours so it was a great day here too...just without the "family" part!

Joanna said...

i was fine until that last sentence.

allredclan said...

I look so tired!!! lol I'm so glad you like the notes I leave. It just makes Memorial Day much more personal for me and for my children as well, as I tell them something about each of the people's graves we visit. This year they learned about Grandma and all the peonies all over her yard in May.

Amber Shellabarger said...

I love their tomb stone. Who ever picked it out well done. I love the picture of them on it. I miss them too.