Saturday, June 6, 2009

Like new again

Mom's blog isn't as fun to read because I don't have all the cute kid pictures that all of you do, so I have to blog about silly different things.
I don't know how many of you remember this poor high chair but we have had it for ever. I bought a new one a few years ago so I took this one down to K.K. to use it there. It has really come in handy. Last year the plastic started to come apart and dad taped it together and that's how it lasted for a year, but it really bothered me because it looked terrible. So I decided that this would be one of my summer projects. So I brought it home...
and took it apart, made a pattern

the foundation is still good


went to Wallmart and bought some material

cut out the pieces

sewed them all together....

and Waa - Laa .....it's like new again Now that it's finished I think if I were to do it again I would use different material but it was really easy so it will have to do for a while. any way I love the new look. And it's back down at the K.K. and back to good use.

2 comments:

nixon5 said...

It looks really nice. You are so talented and can do sew many things. Love it.

Chapman Herd said...

I love that this chair is at KK for Grady to use when ever!!! It looks SOOOOO much better! Now get going on those couches for your basement! ;-)