Sunday, February 1, 2009

Balls! and more Balls!

It's February and that means that it's time to put the sand pile away (YEA!!!!) I was going to be sure and take the camera so I could get all the steps of the transformation from sand box to ball pit but I remembered as the kids were pouring the balls in so I made them stop so I could go home and get my camera.
May I just say that we couldn't get it put up fast enoughfor the kids they wanted to start playing as soon as the first ball hit the bottom. some just couldn't resist and got in before they should have.

This one thought he'd died and gone to heaven...until he started to sink.

Young and old get to fill the pit with balls...some do it one at a time


others....a whole bag at a time. By the way can you see where Kayden is dumping the balls...Chester is being covered with balls as they are being dumped

This is where Grady is wondering if he likes the balls. He was crying so I took him out only to have him cry harder because his mean Grandma took him out of the balls. mean Grandma!!

If you watch the sides of the ball pit you can watch the balls get higher and higher.

this is great fun. "lets see how far under I can get."


This picture is the way most of the kids like to be. Every thing covered but their face.

These 2 sweet little girls like the balls as much as the boys.


Even when they get a shower of balls.

NOW is that a lot of ball to play in or what.....we still had to add the extra walls to keep the balls in, before it was finished. But don't they look like they're having fun?
Did I say that I'm glad that the sand is put away? The sand is just messy. YUCK!

On a second note it is alway intersting to see what we find at the bottom of the ball pit when it's time to put them away. socks, rings, bows, clips, toys, odds and ends of just about anything.

3 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

Most of your pictures turned out good! Some a little blurry but really, its hard to take pictures of moving children who don't stop for ANYTHING!!! Thanks for letting them help even if it took twice as long! They LOVED it!!!

allredclan said...

I second the notion that sand is yucky and I'm glad to have it be gone! I'm tired of washing it out of Cam's hair.

He loves the balls too! I though they would freak him out, but he just screams when I take him out.

AF Nixons said...

That is a LOT of balls! Looks like so much fun.