This is a yearly event and we work very hard for 2 weeks before the Pumpkin Walk. This year was no different. There were a lot of really outstanding pumpkins carved this year. I won't put then all on my blog because I'll let the others have a chance.

the grand finale in this picture you can't see them very clearly but you can see how they were set out. It was a LONG day Thursday I was down to the K.K. at 8:30 to set every thing out and get the school started. then to the park at about 9:30am setting the pumpkins out and doing all the little things that need to be done. Home long enough to get warm clothes on then back to Syr. for the actual Pumpkin Walk.

Not all the pumpkins are scary, Wendy carved this one of the Savior and a small child

We don't even have all the scary ones together as you can see with these two pumpkins.

All you "Edward" fans will recognise this pumpkin.

If you can't tell this is my mom and dad when they were younger.

But the pumpkins to see this year were "Grandma Beverly and Grandpa Chester" There were sooooo many comments on these pumpkins, It was extra fun to sit next to them and hear what everyone had to say. Thanks Sheldon for doing this. It meant a lot to me

Brian didn't think he would be able to come so we were glad when he came to help.

Just a couple ones that I carved.

Liseanne and I carved all the months of the year and they turned out really good, but 3 days under the hot lights they were pretty sad looking by the end of the 3rd day. So I didn't take a picture of them.

The Biggest surprise was that dad came over to walk through with me which he always does. But he STAYED. and STAYED, and STAYED. WOW! for most of the evening, it was nice to have him there. Thanks Galen, we'll look forward to having you there next year too.
4 comments:
I agree. The biggest surprise was not that dad came, but that he stayed and actually visited with people. It was great to have him there. =) Love you, Dad!!!
that is amazing that dad was there. How great is that? I am glad you had a nice coat to keep you warm! :) I miss being there for this. I am waiting for my sweatshirt!dings
Annice, this is Beckey Jackson, Joanna's friend...I just have to tell you that I LOVED going through the pumpkin walk years ago and it was so fun to see some of the pumpkins through your blog this year. It's great that you still keep it going! I hope if we ever make it back to Utah I can take my kids to it someday!
I've got to post Brady's pumpkins that he did for the school...good to see he comes by the tradition rightly!
Post a Comment