Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Changes

As you all know, we have been taking turns cleaning and fixing up much needed rooms. Well this week was my week, and since we are having a friend coming to stay for a couple weeks we decided to clean Grandma's room, so she could stay there. So the same fairies that cleaned Melinda's and Liseanne's rooms started on Grandma's room Remember this?
And this?

Well as we were cleaning the girls talked me into changing and fixing up Grandmas room.....not just clean it. Well I thought it would be really hard for me but with the girls there it wasn't as hard as I thought. So we removed all the furniture and tore down the RED wall paper. This fairy took down the window box to remove the Red wall paper

Under the RED wall paper we found 2 more layers of wall paper TAN and PINK.

We then had to wash all the glue off the wall before we could paint.

the under coat..... we then painted the wall tan and I spent the next day cleaning the RED carpet
As Liseanne and her kids walked in the first thing out of the twins mouth was " Why does it smell like wet dog in here." Not a good sign Yes the carpet was really dirty where Shelly would walk and sleep but I really got the carpet LOOKING good. I was really proud of my self......well earlier when Mike came over the girls said to him "What we need is a new carpet in here." Well the next day we went to Melinda's and she told me the new carpet was coming tomorrow. OK now I needed to tell Galen........... He really took it well.
This was Thursday and we were leaving for the Temple so Liseanne stayed to let the carpet layer into the house. before we left she called and said I needed to come back down and see what was under the RED carpet.. yup! Hardwood floors but we would have had to refinish the floors so the carpet went on top of this dark hardwood floor.

This is the finished product....plus Chester's arm and leg.

So now I needed to paint the base boards and trim... put up a blind.... put all the furniture back in and.......

the room is finished. The quilt is one that Grandma made, I think while they were on a mission to the Liberty Jail

I still need to add things to the walls but there is no hurry for that

but as you can see it looks VERY different. Very nice to have it all done. Thanks to my fairy Goddaughters.

4 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

That Fairy that took down the Window Box was Having a spectacular Hair Day while cleaning! Great Post....We took more pictures than I thought! It really looks nice! And So deso Chesters Arm and Leg (What a turkey)

Joanna said...

WOW! It looks great and so different. It has been red forever! You have all done such great jobs at each others houses. I have a few rooms that could use faries.

AF Nixons said...

Great job on the makeover. It looks so nice!

nixon5 said...

Looks really good! Maybe one day I can become a fairy too and help and then we can stop by my house:)
Now that you are all done.