Sunday, June 22, 2008

OUT with the old and IN with the new!

It seem that there is always new things to learn and some things to do that you haven't done before. when watching TV I would use 3 remotes one for the VCR, DVD player and the TV. Poor dad could never figure them all out. so now.....

we are down to one remote with 46 different buttons and DAD........

is still trying to figure out how to use it. But I must say he is doing better than he did in the beginning.

When we got home from our mission I was excited to use all my machines that I have down stairs. but soon became very frustrated with my serger because it wqas not running right. so....I took it in and had it fixed and I was off and running but as I started to repair costumes for K>K> my machine began again to die on me "Not now I have to many thing to sew, I don't nee this right now, what's wrong with this dumb machine!!!!!" well it died. It was at least 25 year old. And so I went shopping for a new serger. and this is what I bought. It is way larger than my old one and can do more things.

I can sew with 4 threads. 3 threads and even 2 threads. And can do a lot of things with this machine that I couldn't do with my old one.

And it is so nice to have a machine that is dependable. OH!!! did I say I love my new machine.

This is a FIRST for me. How long have I lived in the shadow of Lagoon and never had a season pass. When Galen got all the passes for the family I was excited to be able to go with the different families. But if I used a pass every time I went there may not be enough for every one . Melinda 's family have season passes and this way I can go with her and the kids when Mike can't go and I can help her out. And any way it is WAY EXCITING to know I can go any time I want to.











6 comments:

AF Nixons said...

Wow...all sorts of new things at your house. I'm so jealous of your serger, I would love a nice one like that. I won't even tell you what mine is like...okay I'll tell you. It's the $89 "tiny serger" from Walmart. So enjoy your new one for me! :)

nixon5 said...

love the new machine. Love that you got a lagoon pass. Now you can get one every year:) So glad you love your machine. You deserve it with all the projects you do. Especially those aggrevating people that ask you for camp things.

Joanna said...

Chris asked if you still sew a lot...I just laughed.

How fun for the kids that you get to go to Lagoon with them. Season passes are the only way to go!

Good for you dad for learning the new remote! :)

The Nixon Two said...

By the time I figure out the remote, the show I want to watch
is over!! I still prefer to open a book to a certain page rather than try to figure out a remote with 46 buttons!f

The Nixon Two said...

I hope that"OUT with the old and IN with the new" does not apply to me as I get older!!

allredclan said...

Maybe this serger will like me better than your last one. ;)

Hang in there, Dad. I know you will get the hang of it!